What phone number do I call for maintenance? What about after office hours?
Call the main Allmand Properties # 734-973-7368. If it’s after hours please leave a message with your name, address/unit #, phone # and the nature of your call. Messages are checked after hours for emergencies. If it’s a water leak, please shut off source immediately. For fire or other emergencies please call 911.
When is rent due?
All rent is due on the 1st of each month. Rent received after the 1st will be considered late. If the 1st falls on the weekend or recognized holiday, rent left in the drop box for the next business morning will not be considered late. Rent received the next business day in person, mail or other delivery will be considered late and subject to late fees.
I want to rent the unit/apartment/house. What do I do?
Here is a brief procedure list to help:
- The first step is to hand in all applications and place a deposit. This secures the unit/house for you for 30 days. The initial deposit is 1/3 the security deposit.
- 30 days: sign the lease & 2nd 1/3 security deposit payment made. 30 days after application & initial deposit was made you and all tenants sign the lease and the second payment of the security deposit is made. This must be done within 30 or possible forfeit of initial deposit and exclusive rights to unit/house. Parental Guarantees, if applicable, are also due at this time.
- 30-60 days after lease signing: Final 1/3 payment of security deposit due.
*Time schedule above is standard if there is 60 days until move-in. Shorter time schedules may apply. Exceptions can be made where applicable.
Subletting: What do I do if I want to sublet my apartment/unit?
Subletting is allowed by Allmand Properties. However you must obtain permission first.
- Subletting your apartment/unit your original lease is intact and fully enforceable. This means you’re still responsible for rent and damages to the unit. Please use caution and due-diligence in selecting your subletters. As stated in 1., you’re ultimately responsible.
- Subletting agreement: Allmand Properties can provide one for you to use. Please inform Allmand Properties when the subletters will take possession and supply their information: Name, phone#, email, car make & model, license plate #. This is to avoid towing unauthorized vehicles. You & your subbletters can’t park on the premises at the same time. Allmand Properties will not be responsible for towing of unauthorized vehicles.